Divine Descent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A social, friendly Clan waiting on GW2.

HomeGalleryPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 38 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:42 pm
Shout Box

New Classes?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Keruvinde
Leader
Keruvinde

Male
FFXIV Name : Keruvinde Koromis

New Classes? Empty
PostSubject: New Classes?   New Classes? Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:24 pm

SE sent out their newsletter with a surprise! new classes announced on the official site! However, some may find it disappointing as it is simply additions to the disciples of land and disciples of the hand. Not that the new additions are bad, but many people were expecting an addition or two in the magic and war classes.

EDIT* because Adric is raged that this has no details New Classes? 86420 and again. i can honestly say i doubt anyone cares about the crafting jobs and would like more info on the REAL classes for 14. so to make everyone happy heres a giant wall of text for the lazy peeps who dont know how to get to ffxiv.com listing all jobs ones we knew about already and the "updated hurray" crafting options.

Disciples of War

Pugilist:

from what we know so far this is like the old ffxi monk class but has stealing abilities and can also provoke. Can enter stances for attack or evasion. Can also perform something similar to Sneak attack from ffxi where you attack a monster from behind for extra damage.

Gladiator:

Tank class...provoke and some other enmity raising abilities. Has the ffxi paladin ability Cover along with being able to convert damage taken with sheild into HP. of course this doesnt mean the tank can use this infinitely. Also has protect abilities...you know...tank stuff...

Marauder:

your basic War class. Also has enmity generating abilities. does this mean we wont need Gladiator exclusive parties? if so then its about damn time SE granted that wish since ffxi has "tank extinction".

Archer:

Dont think this needs explaining but for the people who like to read walls of text, they shoot arrows. Not sure how their ammo works in this game but unlike in ffxi where you could "scavenge" crafting materials apparently now you just "scavenge" actual fully crafted ammo. atleast thats what the site says but who knows... Also theres an ability to use your mp to replenish arrows. not sure how thats gonna work.

Lancer:

an interesting class....in essence if you played ffxi its like a sam/drk/thf combo.
uses some HP to do some extra damage or to gain TP faster. also has like a shout effect that boosts the party like ffxi "warcry" im guessing.

Disciples of Magic

Conjurer:

Another ffxi comparison "hybrid" class. Conjurer is like blm/sch/rdm/whm all in one...talk about multitasking O.o composure in 11 made spells cast on yourself have more recast time but increase the effects. not so with conjurer...it seems its not just things cast on you but ALL your spells. cutting down your spell costs was an ability for sch. casting magic while moving is a new one. Conjurer has spells such as fire, cure, protect and enfeebling spells like frost.

Thaumaturge:

Pretty much like a divine dark necromancer...odd mix no? Conjurer is elemental based and thaumaturge is more light and dark based.

Disciples of the Land (AKA the hippies)

Miner:

miners use their abilities to find mining points. Good way to amke money starting the game according to SE. Sadly miners melee abilities (if u get aggro) are limited to throwing rocks doing damage of a whopping 1 HP!! my advice? either change weapons...or run away.

Botanist:

Gather herbs and plants and wood. other than that SE doesnt say. atleast the site tells you names of items the miner can gather.

Fisherman:

This one might be quite popular if people expect it to be anything like in ffxi. obviously...you fish. if thats too hard for you to understand go play WoW instead.

Disciples of the Hand

Carpenter:

Wood working for the people with a small vocabulary. What items can be made of this trade? dunno... it just says that carve wood and you use a saw! and after a quick read in the introduction to carpenter it says furniture. so mog hosue may be making a come back in 14.

Blacksmith:

weapons weapons and more weapons. And weapons only... unlike (another ffxi comparison) ffxi where blacksmith made weapons AND armor. here its just weapons.

Armorer:

Crafts Armor, other than that gotta wait for SE to put in more details that Adric wants New Classes? 492103

Goldsmithing:

Specializing in high pricey metals and ores and gems. There was a slight hint that "able to encrust gems into the hilt of weapons" it didnt say that word for word but it sounded like it. this could be interpreted as being able to decorate your weapons. just a speculation though.

Leatherworking:

Another form of armorer but more based on wearing your cows skin.

Weaver:

Cloth armor! other than that i cant say as SE didnt even give a hint of being able to do more than that.

Alchemist:

some really confusing vocabulary if read too quickly O.o potions and the like i assume...obvious stuff right but then agian the site didnt even mention potions...
"From curative concoctions to potent potables" thats as much as you get as far as info.

Culinarian:

Cooking food, and again absolutly no details other than the obvious. the crafting jobs here with little to no detail are the UPDATED classes lol

i know adric will hang me :hang: for not keeping this serious but then itd just be a boring read IMO...then again just to harass me i bet either Adric or E will say the whole thing was boring and to do it over New Classes? 647409 New Classes? 350567 dont like it do it yourself Ad! ill go watch tv New Classes? 682792

Last edited by Keruvinde on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Satha
Leader
Satha

Male
FFXIV Name : Satha Kettu

New Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Classes?   New Classes? Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Old news is old D: lol
Back to top Go down
Keruvinde
Leader
Keruvinde

Male

New Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Classes?   New Classes? Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:42 pm

i got the email like this morning >.> so old news is new for some o.o
Back to top Go down
Adric
Master
Adric

Male
FFXIV Name : Adric Black

New Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Classes?   New Classes? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:33 am

No details? You suck at posting news! lol
Back to top Go down
Keruvinde
Leader
Keruvinde

Male

New Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Classes?   New Classes? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:34 pm

>.> why would i post details on jobs i dont care about o.o "Goldsmithing" OMG lookie! <.<
Back to top Go down
Adric
Master
Adric

Male
FFXIV Name : Adric Black

New Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Classes?   New Classes? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:14 pm

The real question is why would you make a thread in the news section if you don't care enough about the information to make it more detailed? New Classes? 264459 lol
Back to top Go down
Keruvinde
Leader
Keruvinde

Male

New Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Classes?   New Classes? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:48 pm

:o cuz its news?
Back to top Go down
Keruvinde
Leader
Keruvinde

Male

New Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Classes?   New Classes? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:45 pm

there i added details! New Classes? 484590
Back to top Go down
Satha
Leader
Satha

Male
FFXIV Name : Satha Kettu

New Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Classes?   New Classes? Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:38 am

He just wants the gil from making a new thread in the news section! lol
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Companion

New Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Classes?   New Classes? Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:50 am

Can I be the banker?
Back to top Go down
Keruvinde
Leader
Keruvinde

Male

New Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Classes?   New Classes? Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:15 am

O.o lol i 4got about the gil! thanks for reminding me E :D
Back to top Go down
Brialyn
Matriarch
Brialyn

Female

New Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Classes?   New Classes? Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:53 pm

I was so disappointed with that e-mail 😕
Back to top Go down
Keruvinde
Leader
Keruvinde

Male

New Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Classes?   New Classes? Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:32 am

lol werent we all XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Classes?   New Classes? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New Classes?
Page 1 of 1