Divine Descent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A social, friendly Clan waiting on GW2.

HomeGalleryPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 38 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:42 pm
Shout Box

Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Adric
Master
Adric

Male
FFXIV Name : Adric Black

Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co. Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co.   Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co. Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:12 pm

Yes that's right, X-2 = fail, XIII = fail, so why not make XIII-2? Perfect idea!

I'm actually crossing my fingers for it to be good, I've had enough fail from this series as of late lol, and they do promise it "exceeds Final Fantasy XIII in every aspect", including the battle system. It's still Lightning as the main character, but that's about all they've said so far... oh, and there's a website with a teaser trailer on it which shows Lightning in a sexy new outfit :p (contains spoilers about how XIII ends though): http://na.square-enix.com/ffxiii-2/

Meanwhile Versus XIII still doesn't have a release date and Agito XIII for the PSP has been retitled to Type-0, and will be the "first and last" english PSP game to be on 2 UMD discs, I'm assuming because the PSP2 is to use digital distribution exclusively.

And there's some type of FF title in the works for the 3DS coming out in March, but that's the extent of my knowledge! I just hope it doesn't turn into another The 4 Heroes of Light, that just did not interest me at all.

And last but... maybe least? Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy, hurray for awkward titles... anyway, they're changing the single player story mode, instead of being on a board it's going to look like any other FF game and take place on a 3D overworld map, with an approximate length of 30 hours to complete. Everyone from the original is still in this one, and here are some new additions:

Kain Highwind - Final Fantasy IV
Gilgamesh - Final Fantasy V
Tifa Lockheart - Final Fantasy VII
Laguna Loire - Final Fantasy VIII
Yuna - Final Fantasy X
Prishe - Final Fantasy XI
Vaan - Final Fantasy XII
Lightning - Final Fantasy XIII

I'd never even heard of Prishe before, but I guess that's because I never got far enough in the Chains of Promathia storyline...

So, is anyone overly excited about any of these? I'm sad to admit for me, it may be XIII-2 that's looking the best, if only because they promise to make it better than XIII and because it's probably going to come out before Versus XIII, which I'm still not too sure about since I still don't know what kind of game that's even supposed to be! They throw around keywords like "third person shooter" but that just reminds me of Dirge of Cerberus and that was good but it wasn't so great... one thing's for sure and that's that they want to make it an action game, the question remains if they can pull it off.

Last edited by Adric on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brialyn
Matriarch
Brialyn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co.   Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co. Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:11 am

I think the only one I understand the concept of is XIII-2 (and I loved X-2 but I'm a chick) ... the others leave me Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co. 647409
Back to top Go down
Keruvinde
Leader
Keruvinde

Male
FFXIV Name : Keruvinde Koromis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co.   Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co. Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:43 am

X-2 was ok in a sense. i liked the dressphere idea. the thing with yuna having a singer looking twin was odd. you have to admit though the ffx soundtrack was 10 times better than the one for X-2. i heard samples on itunes and it jsut made me wanna go get my ipod to get the tunes outa my head XD.

one thing i did not like however was that you coudlnt summon anything like in FFX >.> wuts the point of being called "high summoner" if u cant summon shit O.o i missed bahamuts 9999999 damage ^.^ the summons in X looked cool. and i ended up beating the game spamming berserker dress sphere O.o insta pwn. i guess what killed X-2 for me was that it didnt recquire you to think and prepare as much as 10.

i remember in ffx you lost yuna for a while and i hadnt used anyone else. but tidus and auron. and you had to fight that bird on the airship you needed ranged attacks. so i had to go to previous save and grind up lulu and wakka XD :o now im willing to bet adrics gonna bug the hell outa me for something in this post O.o

and yes 13-2 looks awesome. i like the "kaching" sound the swords make...reminds me i have money to buy shit with now XD
Back to top Go down
Brialyn
Matriarch
Brialyn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co.   Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co. Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:08 pm

I still haven't played 13....another one I plan on buying for xbox :D
Back to top Go down
Adric
Master
Adric

Male
FFXIV Name : Adric Black

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co.   Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co. Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:39 am

Keruvinde wrote:
now im willing to bet adrics gonna bug the hell outa me for something in this post O.o

No... why would you think that?

Keruvinde wrote:
and yes 13-2 looks awesome. i like the "kaching" sound the swords make...reminds me i have money to buy shit with now XD

Oh yes, the sound effects of the swords is always what I look for in a game!

Oh I see your point :o
Back to top Go down
Keruvinde
Leader
Keruvinde

Male
FFXIV Name : Keruvinde Koromis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co.   Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co. Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:17 pm

i so totally demand you be put to the guillotine Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co. 552274
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co.   Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Co.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Divine Descent :: Other Video Games-
Jump to: